Seven boys, seven girls, fourteen chairs, piano, wrapping paper, one Bengal tiger.
Object of the Game:
To avoid being left holding the Bengal tiger (for obvious reasons).
- Ask your mother or an Auntie (whoever you will miss the least) to wrap up a Bengal tiger in brown paper.
- Then sit around on the fourteen chairs – boys and girls alternately. When the music starts, pass the Bengal tiger around (if you can!).
- Whoever is left holding the Bengal tiger when the music stops (Good luck to you!) must unwrap one of the pieces of paper around the legendary vicious brute.
- When the music starts you must immediately pass the Bengal tiger on (not that you’ll need much persuading!) to the person next to you.
- The person who takes the last piece of paper off the Bengal tiger is deemed to be the loser, and is bitten to death by the now-enraged mammal.
- The winners all get sweeties and a quiet lie down.